A modern blog about digital life, internet and everything else bits and bytes, thanks for visiting!
Tools I use
- Microsoft Windows; I use windows 7, 10 and server 2008/2012 a lot on a daily basis. (Commercial, owned)
- Unix/Linux/FreeBSD; Just like WIndows I use these every day. (OpenSource)
- Microsoft Office; For my documents and such I use Office365 Personal version 2016. (Commercial, owned)
- Mozilla Thunderbird; For my e-mail accounts, this so I can secure my messages with encryption. (OpenSource)
- Mozilla Firefox; Daily browsing on the internet. (OpenSource)
- Google Chrome; Daily browsing on the internet. (OpenSource)
- Microsoft Edge; Daily browsing on the internet, desktop and mobile. (Commercial, owned)
- Bitdefender Antivirus; One of the better security software for your desktop. (Commercial, owned)
- FileZilla FTP Cient; FTP software. (OpenSource)
- FlashFXP FTP Client; FTP software. (Commercial, owned)
- Machette; Video editing software, mainly for cutting mp4 files. (Commercial, owned)
- SEO Power Suite; Superior SEO software for analyzing websites and backlinks. (Commercial, owned)
- BuzzBundle; Social media analytics and tracking. (Commercial, owned)
- VoiceAttack; Speak into your microphone and turn them into keyboard and mouse actions. (Freeware & Commercial)
- Teamspeak; Cross-platform voice communication software. (OpenSource)
- Discord; All-in-one voice and text chat. (OpenSource)
- Oracle VirtualBox; Run computers within other computers for free. (OpenSource)
- VMware & Hyper-V; Hypervisors, Recommended is VMware, VirtualBox doesn’t support ‘Nested Virtualization’. (Freeware & Commercial)
- Notepad++; One of the best notepads around. (OpenSource)
- RemoteDesktopmanager; For remote connections to servers and resources. (Freeware)
- TeamViewer; Remote support, remote access, and online meeting software. (Freeware & Commercial)
- cURL Manager; For cURL stuff. (Commercial, , owned)
- Fiddler; For troubleshooting and analyzing web related things. (OpenSource)
- xShell; Powerful terminal emulator that supports SSH, SFTP, Telnet, RLOGIN and Serial. (Freeware)
- Putty; Terminal, SSH & Telnet client. (OpenSource)
- WinSCP; Gui for SSH & SFTP. (OpenSource)
- Greenshot; Light-weight screenshot software. (OpenSource)
- VideoLan; VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player. (OpenSource)
- WinRAR; A powerful archive manager. (Freeware & Commercial)
- OWASP Zed Attack Proxy; Find security vulnerabilities in web applications. (OpenSource)
- Acronis True Image 2016; Backup & Recovery software. (Commercia, owned)
- uBlock Origin; An efficient blocker add-on for various browsers. (OpenSource)
- Moo0 System Monitor; Smart program that shows what is going on with your computer. (OpenSource)
- Nmap; Utility for network discovery and security auditing. (OpenSource)
- Xmind; Mind mapping & diagram tool. (OpenSource)
- DFX Audio; Improves the sound quality of your computer. (Commercial, owned)
- Steinberg Cubase 4; Music sequencer, for recording, arranging and editing. (Commercial, owned)
- Stardock Star10; Windows 10 start menu replacement. (Commercial, owned)
Online services I use
- PrivateVPN; Paid VPN service I highly recommend. (Commercial, owned)
- CyberghostVPN; Paid VPN service which is also highly recommended. (Commercial, owned)
- LastPass; Password manager (Freeware & Commercial, owned)
- Brain.fm; AI-generated music to improve focus, relaxation & sleep. (Commercial, owned)
- Office365; Online/On-premise office software, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook. (Commercial, owned)
- PushAlot; Platform for receiving custom push notifications to Windows Phone. (Free service)
- SlideBean; Platform for creating onlline presentations. (Paid service)
- Serpstats; SEO Platform. (Paid service)
Video games I play
- Star Citizen; First Person Universe that will allow for unlimited game play. (In alpha, In development)
My current smartphones
- Microsoft Lumia 950; Windows 10 Phone + Microsoft Display Dock
- Apple iPhone 6S: IOS phone
Current operating systems used
- Microsoft Windows systems; Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2008, Windows 2012.
- Unix/Linux distributions; Debian, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Whonix, Kali.
- Synology NAS; 2x 211j.
- Raspberry pi; Pi 2 Model B, Pi 3 Model B.
- Domotica systems; Pi 2 Model B Domoticz.
- Camera systems; Foscam Camera’s, Vstarcam Doorbell.
Domotica systems used
- Raspberry Pi [Controller]; Pi 2 Model B (Debian)
- Z-Wave [Network]; Aeonlabs Z-stick (Aeotec).
- Multi Sensors; Multiple Aeonlabs MultiSensor 6 (Aeotec).
- Z-Wave [Lights]; Several Z-Wave LED bulbs (Domitech).
- Z-Wave [Energy]; Aeonlabs Home Energy Meter (Aeotec).
- Logitech G; G710+ Mechanical keyboard. Wired.
- Logitech G; G502 Protheus Core Mouse, Wired.
- Logitech G; G933 Artemis Spectrum Headset, Wireless.
- Steelseries; Apex Raw Keyboard, Wired.
- MadCatz; R.A.T. 5 Mouse, Wired.